Aug 14, 2010

Life's many paradox

I've been here for almost a week
And things have spiraled up and winded down.
I thought the quiet life here would make it easier for me to write
But all I had these past few days is a busy busy mind.
Silence is deafening.

In less than a week
I've been to a cemetery, a blueberry farm,
I made a trip to my university and trespassed an anime party.
Being away from home opened my eyes
But I'm hopelessly homesick.
Already.

In two days I made 3 trips to the airport
Sending my cousins off to Hong Kong.

Life is so full of paradox.
The church is where unions of two people take place
Where funerals take place.
A hospital is where babies take their first breath
Where people take their last.
Airport is where people reunite
Where people separate.

The more I grow up, the more I see how blessed I am with this family.
Cousins, cousins are brothers and sisters
Just with different last names.

The people who drive you insane
Are the ones you miss the most.
The most annoying things in the world
Make the most impact in your memory.

When you're young, you act old.
When you're older, you wish you were younger.

When you're here, you wish you are there.