Aug 26, 2010

All the things we said we would do
All the reasons you gave me to believe in you.

"Sometimes the truth makes everything else seem like a lie"

It's been 20 days since I got here.
And as difficult as it had been -
I've been stretched in many ways.

I think sometimes being in the same environment
Gives you an excuse to be complacent.
Moving away has forced me to reevaluate myself
And I came to the conclusion that I am not very responsible.

Bank statements, phone plans (not to mention monthly bills)
Planning your own meal, eating enough veggies
How to safely work in a kitchen is a huge question mark.
I didn't know you can't put cheese in the microwave
Or heat bread for 1 minute.

What happens when you get cramps
And you can hardly walk to the kitchen?
A tiny shoutout to my trustee friend "White Flower Oil"
It helps.

I am not very tidy either.
Keys, bus pass, student ID -
Why can't they be bigger?

What kind of people do you avoid on the street?
The answer is - beware of everyone.

Maturity has its physical side.
For people like me, this side of maturity only grows under pressure.
When life shouts at you to be more responsible
That's when you really got to be responsible.

And start putting things in places you will remember.