Aug 6, 2010

Fashioned for the very fabric of God
I was made for loving You.

Tears make my heart soft
I am ready for the return of the Lover.

This heart has long been hardened.
And life...life is not telling me to soften it up.
Life is telling me to build a fortress, a wall of defense.
For a long time, I fought being vulnerable.
Emotions are soon forgotten.
Good days are hard to distinguish
When I fought all the bad days.

I fought the storm
I fought the rain
And I never tasted the sunshine.

I breathed a prayer to You
I wanted to feel again.
And you took from me what was dear to me.
You asked from me, what was most precious to me.
As you asked Abraham to lay down his son on the altar
You asked from me.

As You did, You opened my eyes.
You won my heart.
I can be vulnerable, safely vulnerable.