Aug 11, 2010

First Post From Canada

Since my arrival I have been doing nothing but eat and sleep.
I was pondering upon my laziness and why it is the case
And I came to the conclusion that the big difference between Canada and the 852
Is that Hong Kong runs on time.

There is only one clock in the house here.
In Hong Kong, the clock rules our life.
The mentality of doing doing and doing
Is almost nonexistent here.

Don't get me wrong, I miss Hong Kong.
Big time.
I miss every single one of you.
When I left I can't help but think, this feels just like another vacation.
But in truth, I am not going to be back anytime soon.
This, where I am right now, is going to be my habitat
For the next 4 months.

Tears, so commonly thought of as a sign of weakness,
Requires so much strength to be allowed out.
I found that it is so much easier to be indifferent.
To be emotionless. To not feel any pain.
It is easy to push aside feelings.
But once you do, your heart begins to harden.
You begin to forget the joy in tears. The joy in pain.
You begin to forget the beauty in ashes.

But if you look deep within you,
There is a part of you that you try to ignore.
The weak part of your heart that you try to hide.
You begin to think you are strong.
But you are not.
Because in truth, you are only avoiding.
You are only running away.

The valley of the shadow of death
Sometimes might not be a literal path
But the dark roads in your heart.
The part of you that you are afraid to walk through.

But He promised, He will never leave or abandon you.
His rod and his staff, they comfort you.

In the midst of all transitions and adjustments
There is one thing I can rely on.
I am thankful that God is not only the God of Hong Kong
But the God of this world.
He is here as much as he is there.
He is moving here as much as he is there.

So much uncertainty, yet so much assurance
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

"If you make the Most High your dwelling -
even the Lord, who is my refuge -
then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you
in all your ways."

Psalm 91

The heart of God is vibrant.
It burns, passionately.
The heart of God is on fire.
The easy way out is to live with indifference.
But the narrow way is to take on His heart.
The narrow way is the way Home.