Sep 5, 2010

What did you do to the world that I thought I knew?

For the past few days, I've done a lot of lying
When it comes to the question: "How's it going?"
"Great" is usually my reply.
But "great" is as meaningless a reply as the question itself.

I found myself questioning God a lot lately.
My presence in this side of the world is unexplained
And the reason why I am here remains a lingering question.

Moving in my dorm has definitely been very, very eye opening.
For the first time in my life,
I feel as if I am truly seeing the world at its real visage.
And yet I am still only touching the surface.

Perhaps this is why I am here
To stir up what's extinguished in my heart
From among the needy.
"Jesus came to seek and save the lost."

I'm trying really hard to cling onto what I know
That includes people from my past
But that's like rock climbing without a safety belt.

I never understood what a leap of faith meant
Until now.
What it means to be a city on top of a hill
For all my life, the narrow road is to fit in
Now, the narrow road is to be different
And to stand up for what you know to be right.

I watch as people I know fall away
Like withering leaves
They fall and are crushed.
I watch as people I know to be my companions
Choose another path to take.

Nothing - but His word is certain.
Nothing - but His promise is refuge.

"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength"