Sep 11, 2010

I love how wherever you go
You can make small talks with complete strangers
And they will share bits and pieces of their life with you.

I guess Hong Kong people are just too busy for that.

Sitting in front of Zeller today
I got to talk with this woman who also used to go to UBC.
She has a degree in psychology
Worked with the Ministry of Social Work for a few years
And is now a stockbroker
Loving every minute of it.

I never got to know her name
But it's almost as if she was sent
To show me a shadow of the race that I wanted to run.
Yet she's so much ahead in the game
That she has decided to run a different course.
A course that is not so much unfamiliar to me.

This past week has definitely been very frustrating
Trying to get into the classes that I want to take
Yet as frustrating as it had been,
I'm starting to see that hand that is behind it
The hand that is directing me to a completely new horizon
The hand that has promised to hold me no matter what.

I've learned one thing about trust.
Trust is a constant that never changes
No matter how unreasonable things might seem
How outrageous reality seems to be
You trust that He knows better.