Sep 10, 2010

University is such a humbling experience.
You're not any better than other people
Who got into the same school with the same average.
They are there with as much qualifications as you have
Some, with even greater abilities, greater vision.

And you feel very small, very insignificant
To the point of being useless.
But I refused to be put down
To let these voices in my head
Tell me what I cannot do.

A calculus question that takes my neighbor 2 minutes to do
I might take 12.
But I will work at it
I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me.

Going from an entire high school of 200 students
To one math class of 200 classmates
I'm suddenly minimized.

Minimized but not dismissed.

I'm still that Daddy's little girl
Frightened yet amazed at the world's horizon.
The world is so big -
Dreams, ever possible in all dimensions.
I'm suddenly a fish in the sea
No longer swimming in the fish tank.

But even the waves obey my God
Whom shall I fear
When He is for me.