Sep 30, 2010

I asked the Lord to open my eyes -
He gave me an angel.
A man dressed not in splendor
But in rags and poverty.

"I tell you the truth,
whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine,
you did for me." - Matthew 25:40

Close my eyes to everything insignificant
Close my ears to every lie and deceitful tongue
Close my eyes to the glamor of this world
Close my heart to every short-lived desire and feeling

Open my eyes to Your kingdom
Open my ears to cries and despair
Open my eyes to Your people in the corners of the streets
Open my path to people unseen, unheard of, uncared for

I want to be clean
I want Your heart
I want Your love overflowing
I want to trade all my sorrows for Your promises
I don't want to walk alone.
I don't want to fear
I want a fearless heart
I want Your armor
I want to forgive
I want Your protection
I want compassion and mercy
I want to be sent.
I want to bind up the brokenhearted
To pour oil of gladness.
I want You. So much of You.

I need You to walk with me everyday.