Sep 17, 2010

This week has been a roller coaster.
Yet as much as I hate to be on one
I am not alone on this roller coaster.

You can tell me that life is hard -
Living behind bars of lies and insecurities
Straining to be freed from bleeding wounds
And everyday not a hint of a better tomorrow.

But every curse is a blessing.
The rainbow comes after rain
And with every living wound
Comes the hope of healing.

Vulnerability is not frailty.
It's not failure.
It's beauty.
It's every woman.
It' me.
It's my heart.

They say what doesn't break you only makes you stronger
But my heart will always remain vulnerable.
Because when my defense is down
When I'm helpless and needy
I remember and know that the Lord is good.
That the Lord is faithful.
And the Lord is my only source.

One by one
He frees me from these chains.
Like plucking a sword from my wound
It's horribly painful.
But pain is only momentary.
Refinement is eternal.

And these ashes will be transformed.

I know Your fire can hurt
But I would be worse here without You