Aug 9, 2009

it's a Sunday afternoon

Seeing that I'm still new to blogspot, I have the urge to blog again (: it's a Sunday afternoon and I'm home because someone cougheugenecough flopped me (his word). Now we're equal. Anyway I watched G.I. Joe and I'll have to say it's a lot better than it looks, possibly because it's Channing Tatum and Marlon Wayans heh. They were better together and...yes it's still hard to believe that Channing Tatum is married :( Heads up though, this movie makes you really tired afterwards. There is almost nothing soothing in the entire movie...except for Black Eyed Peas' Boom Boom Pow at the end. Which was a little random haha! Anyway I won't spoil it anymore.


Next I have on my list is still Up...I have absolutely no idea why it's always full when I want to watch it. It's not funny because I've been wanting to watch it for so long. Drag Me to Hell doesn't look so appealing...but since it's a horror movie, I'm sure the pain will worth seeing everyone in their kodak moments (: For those of you who don't want to waste money in theatres, I'll suggest Sister's Keeper. That movie is very very powerful, definitely life changing. He's Just Not That Into You is another movie that will keep you awake the whole time. I watched it on my way back from Canada and it kept me alive!

I've been shopping a little too much lately. But, well...it's hard not to when you spend one day in Elements. For some reason, that mall gives you a whole new perspective to Hong Kong. From their new W Hotel, you see the shimmering & glistening side of the city. The hotel, I'll have to say, is breath-taking. How so? I don't know...it's just not a hotel where you walk to the concierge to get your room then take the elevator up just to sleep. It's...worth the time just walking. Have with you an artistic mind though because everything in there is so...abstractly designed. Anyway if you walk a few streets away from all this glamour, you'll arrive at one of the most run-down parts of Hong Kong. From there you might meet some of the poorest people in this city. I passed by them on my way home and I can't help but feel a little...bothered.
The irony of prosperity.

2 comments:

  1. lol, yes the irony of prosperity.... very contrasting, you just take a few steps away from elements and you step into the ghetto.. kind of. :P
    see, that's why i say elements is our new hangout instead of festi... that place is getting so old. so yes, elements is the place where its at. ;))

    and cheers to channing... :)) if this was fezbook, i woulda press 'like' a million times. AHEM. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in church today, and they quoted Isaiah 61:2-3

    That God would provide for those who grieve... a crown of BEAUTY
    instead of ASHES!

    It made me think of your Blogspot title!! =D

    ReplyDelete