Dec 2, 2010

Jesus take the wheel.

My English prof was sharing what she learned in a psychology lecture the other day.
She talked about how having a wish list in a marriage can rekindle love again.
In most marriages, the fire tends to die down in 10-15 years - so she said.
To rekindle that love again, each spouse should have their own wish list
A wish list to give to your partner.

A man's first wish on his list was to be able to go on a trip, completely spontaneous.
Every time they go on a trip, his wife would make an itinerary of the things they would do.
He wanted to much to be able to just get behind the wheels and drive
Without having a schedule to follow.

What does it mean to follow?
It's not giving Jesus a list of things you want to achieve in life
It's not giving him a list of places you want to go
It's not giving him a list of traits you wish to find in your husband.

It's not giving him anything -
But yourself.
Your presence
And your willingness to go wherever He takes you.

You are to trust your partner enough to let him drive
To know that at the end of the day you are not going to starve
Or sleep on the roadside.
It is to know that you will be provided for, you will be taken care of.
It is to know that he has your best interest in heart.

Complete willingness means you're not going to complain every 5 minutes in the car
Or ask endlessly, "are we there yet?"
I think a lot of it simply means, enjoy the ride.

I trust that You're taking me on an adventure.
I trust that I am safe wherever we are.
I trust that You will not abandon me.
I trust that You will be with me till the end.

It's time to sit back and relax.
It's time to obey and follow.

The world, has nothing for me.