Nov 14, 2010

I have had three unpublished posts in the span of 3 days
And to find just the right expression for my state of emotions is in fact -
Not very difficult.

Lately it's been "tuck-me-away-in-my-closet" sort of days
Thoughts have been thrown in this lost sea
Visits have been made to reflections.
What's a journey to tread on without looking to see how far we've come?

I gained a better picture of the course I'm steering towards
Or should I say, I've been shown a better picture of the direction I'm heading to.

I've made a visit to my old self
When recklessness was my driver.
A headless chicken runabout without a brain
A headless chicken would be a right comparison.
But recklessness has to do with innocence
When consequence is an unknown factor.
I was a passenger on a highway
With recklessness as my driver.

Do I wish to go on the same path again?
18 and legal in some places, I am an adult.
To say yes is to be stupid.
But there is that little giggly self of me hiding behind the bush
Hoping to run around without my head again.
Back when taking a step forward would not send shocking triggers down my back.

You may say I've become cautious
Why not hop on and see where it takes you?
Dear friend, I am already on my way
And I am not stopping for anything.
One fine day I may see that you would want to go the same way
But until then, this train is not stopping.
Time is not wasted in waiting
Because in fact, we're on our way.

A year ago, the ticking of the clock frightened me.
But now I know the Author of Time.

Godspeed.
This train is not stopping.