Nov 18, 2010

A Bigger Dream

I took some time to think about my thoughts today
Most revolved around food, midterms, what to do this weekend,
People, and I confess - too much negativity about people.
I don't like what I found.

CED classes have prep me well
Memory verses do come in handy.
Whatever is noble and clean - think upon such things.

What's godly, what's not?

Have you tried running on a treadmill with your eyes closed?
I bet not. I also do not recommend it.
It's a scarring experience.
But to run in a race, you need to have your eyes on a focus
Something to keep you in balance.

Likewise, to run in this race called life -
We need to have our eyes on something.
For some, it's success. They want to go higher and further. They want to be on top of the game.
For some, it's complacency. They like the way things were and there is no heart for adventure.
For some, it's love. Dependency brings comfort and security - all too soon shattered.
For some, it's grudges. We live to show them we're better.
For some, it's simply life. We live for the sake of passing by. We live life like a butterfly, with stages to complete. Graduating, getting married, having kids, earning big money, retiring. And finally dying.

There is no satisfaction because this isn't what we were made for.
We were made to be loved. To be loved is to be beautiful.
We were made to bear upon a badge of beauty on us.
But not what the world defines as beautiful.
Have you ever thought a person was beautiful, but in time that ceases to be so?

For the girls out there, what kind of woman do you want to be?
Take some time and seriously think about the woman in your life - who lives to be a role model?
I have found that those I can look up to might not be the prettiest in the world's eyes
But you can no doubt see beauty emanating from them
That's because the origin, the creator of beauty lives in them.
The beautiful one resides in their hearts -
They can't help but glorify his beauty
They can't help but reveal his grace.

To the woman whom I look up to
I thank God for putting you in my life
That I may know what it means to live a peaceful and quiet life
A life of gentleness and faithfulness.
A life that's beautiful.
A life in which Christ is living in.