Nov 9, 2010

Have you ever came across a smell
And it triggers a whole chain of memories in your head?

Putting on my Shea butter & sesame oil body balm today
I suddenly smelled home.
I smelled that lingering bittersweet feeling
Just one weeks before I left Hong Kong.

I smelled of frustration and of confusion
That goes beyond the difficulty in leaving.
I smelled of that perplexed me
While I was to find a way out of the spiderweb
While I frantically tried to chase time
Only to find that it wasn't time that betrayed me
But the you who was wearing the watch.
The you playing with the needles of the clock.

Today I'm no longer angry.
I'm no longer running around
I have found peace.
And this peace is mine
As I sit in silence in the palm of His hand.
As I watch Him finish painting this grand picture
As I watch Him put the pieces of this puzzle in their places
I know that this, this palm is where I belong.