Jul 3, 2010

Walking Down the Memory Lane

My task to pack away commenced today.

Rummaging through my old birthday cards, birthday gifts, letters and notes,
There was an inevitable bittersweet feeling tugging at my heart.

Looking at the pig face that a friend made for me years ago
I can't help but smile at how far we've come.
By the way, very smart in using clay! It's in two pieces now :D
(But don't worry it's in a jewel box)

I love receiving letters.
I love reading what other people wrote.
Beneath each written word is an emotion.
Beneath each letter is a story.
That's why I love letters.
Hundreds of questions go through my head when I read them

What was he feeling?
What was she doing?
Why did he choose this paper?
Why this colored pen?
Where did he write this?
Why did she draw this?
Does he still feel the same?
Does she remember writing this?
Is this promise kept?
Or is this a broken promise?

Sweet because all these are part of our history.
Bitter because all these may no longer be our present.
Friendships.
Level of friendships.
Affections.

I'm glad that living in the midst of the ever-changing
My God is unchanging.

Postcards, apology letters, birthday notes and a simple doodle
They made my high school life.
But there comes the day when I need to put a lid to all these
Ship them away and...
For the lack of better words - move on.

Never forget your yesterday
But don't neglect your tomorrow either.