Jul 14, 2010

My summers have always been about learning how to let go.
Every summer before this was about moving on
Forgiving, bearing, and somehow arriving at the same place again.
This summer though, is a different kind of letting go.

This summer, I wish nothing changes.
I admit, that is something foolish to wish for
But complacency is an easy thing.
And complacency gets you nowhere.

So this summer, I have to let go.
Not of the things that make me unhappy
But of the memories that make me smile.
I have to let go not because someone tells me to move on
But because I know this is finally the time to.

A friend's mom once told me
What's yours will return to you
What's not yours will never be.
To believe this is a leap of faith
Because to believe this
Is to know that the Lord provides
And the Lord oversees,
He holds pieces of my life
And will put them piece by piece together
In his perfect timing.