Jul 19, 2010

"August 9th, the beginning of an end."
This was from a commercial on AXN
Only they were referring to the season finale of Lost.

What truth =)
Lately, my cleaning mode has taken over my life.
With exactly three more weeks left,
The sense of urgency hits that I. Must. Clean.
So I went from cleaning my desk, to my room, to my closet
To my inbox.

I have a very bad habit of not deleting something after reading it.
And therefore while going back to my emails and Facebook messages
I came across mails from as old as 6 years ago.

I saw the me when walking to school makes me nervous
When my friends were my life
When life consisted of doing well in school,
Knowing everything that's practically unimportant
And boys.

I saw the me when friends began to disappear
When they confronted me
And the me when I was angry at them for not understanding
The me when I was thankful that they were honest
When I first learned that honesty in friendship is like having your teeth cleaned.
So painful, yet so refreshing, so essential.

I saw the me when I first experienced butterflies
In the tummy.
When I thought falling in love
Was love.
I saw the devastation after giving everything
To sustain that feeling of being in love
Finds that feeling is fleeting.

That burning passion
Will not always burn.
Like every other flame
There are times when
The fire can come
So close to extinguishing.

And when it's out
When the flame is out
What's left is a choice.

That consistent and courageous decision
To extend yourself for another person
For their well-being, their good.

Love, then
It's a choice.

Not everyone will have the courage
To make that choice.

And sometimes, the truth will hurt.