Jan 7, 2011

After Everything...

I realize the deepest human cry is to be romanced by the King of the Ages
To dance through the night after His lead
And getting lost in His eyes.

These repetitive trips of coming and going has left me a little tired
Life to me has never been so fleeting, so inconstant.
For all my life, I knew what to expect.
I knew the people I would see when I wake up
All the places I would go to make life "normal".

I don't even know what normal is anymore.
Where is home? Is it still as physical as home can be?
I'm not so sure.

All I know is that in this life, many things will fade away.
"Melodies and harmonies will change...but I'm hearing a new song"
I knew this song when I was very young, perhaps when I was in 7th grade.
But I never understood it.
I never knew You have a love song.
I never knew of Your beauty.
I never knew You are so passionate for me.

I never knew life is a dance
And how much You want to take the lead
Bring me to places I cannot imagine with my best imaginations.

The more I grow up, the more I realize growing up means letting go.
Letting go of the past, letting go of "what-if's"
And embracing the what is.

Hong Kong, full of people - but so empty.
Empty lives pass by Central, they aren't just in the street corners,
But in the life of the city.
Empty stares, empty smiles.

I realize I fear just...living life.
I don't want to just live through this life.
I don't want to bear the days I'm given.
I want to really live.
To breathe every breath with a meaning.

I don't want to just graduate, get a job, get married, have kids and die.
I don't want to just live.
How much more emphasis can I place on that statement?

I watched "Going the Distance" on my way back to Vancouver.
Thinking back to such a...foul movie
I realize how much this relationship with Jesus is like a long-distance relationship.
To embrace intimacy, to pursue satisfaction
At least one person has to give up everything to chase the other person
But what happens when one person gives up everything
Is that she eventually resents him for making her do that.

But my Lover...well my Lover gave up Himself for me.
Before I knew him, before I loved him back - He died for me.
He loved me with an everlasting Love.
He gave up everything to chase me.
I'm not giving up to get nothing in return.
I'm giving up everything to have Him.

I'm giving up everything to have everything.

When you truly love someone, there is no holding back.
To go that distance, it's almost like you need to close your eyes and fall back.
Knowing that what you fall back to is His hands, His arms.
Don't ever let go my Jesus.

"In You, I find my all and my emptiness"
Yeah, it's ironic - but it all makes sense.