Oct 1, 2010

Wake Me Up When September Ends

It's so hard to believe a month went by so quickly.
I've been in this city for almost two months now
Sometimes I find myself daydreaming of Hong Kong
In the middle of finding the derivative of f(x) blah blah blah
I wonder if my security guard is still the same -
If he still recognizes me.

I miss the motion -
The action of the MTR Station, especially Admiralty during rush hours.
I miss celebrating October 1st
Even though patriotism was never too obvious on that day.
Watching the reruns of the fireworks on TV now
(not to mention the lame background music)
I miss the night view by the TST harbor, very much.

If Vancouver was a woman, she might be jealous of Hong Kong
I have to say, there is much to appreciate here.
I love that you can witness autumn here
Trees go from green to yellow, yellow to orange, orange to red
I love how when the wind blows your direction,
Withered leaves rain on you at the same time.
I love being able to see the moon while the sun shines on you
I love watching the sky turns orange at 6 o'clock.

After my Economics class at 5:30, a friend asked if I was going home.
I said, "I wish."
He laughed and asked if I was ever going to call my residence my home
If I was ever going to call Vancouver my home.
I was so sure to say no.
I was so sure to say that only Hong Kong will ever be my home.

Now that I think about it.
My home is neither of the two.
My home is growing everyday
Bigger and stronger.
I am not away from home
Because wherever I am,
There are people waiting to be shown the way home
There are orphans hoping to find home
There are the homeless who never knew what home was -
Let alone the warmth of home
And the depth of the father's love.

Oh, his children are just about everywhere you look.
You just got to open your eyes.
Ask Him to do that for you.