Apr 24, 2010

After talking to my mom today
I discovered something new about passion.

So many people have asked,
"Why not go into science?"
"Why not aim to be a doctor?"
"Why not apply for better universities?"
Why, why, why?

Frankly, these questions have been a struggle to my ego.
10 years from now I'll see many of you again
Some will be lawyers, others biochemists.
Some will be a CEO, others driving a Ferrari.
Me? I have a pretty good idea how rich I will be.
Truth is, I never imagined my future to be rich.

Thinking about the road I'm taking
I realized I cannot live without people.
I need to work with people;
I want to impact their lives directly.
There is something intriguing in each individual
Their stories, their experiences, their dreams.

I've never been so frank to myself or to others
But I'm writing this so that 10 years from now
I can be sure of this passion He's placed in me.
The passion that drives me.

No, this passion does not define me.
I'm made up of more than that.
I've never been a person of many big dreams,
After all, Tomorrow is the future we cannot completely grasp onto
And for many people
Living through each day is a gift itself - let alone Tomorrow.
Sometimes if you'll allow yourself to be an empty vessel,
You'll find that He can do so much more.