Jan 25, 2010

I wish you knew me,
then you'll know that He is real.
I wish you knew the person beneath my skin,
then you'll know that He does exist.

I wish you knew
how He rescued me
beyond all the intelligence you tried throwing in my face.

Such an eye opening day.

you never know how tired you are
until you're asked to run.
all the same...
you never know how difficult something is
until you're asked to deal with it.

you never know how much He's there for you
until you're stripped away from your comfort zone.

And I never realized how hard it must be
for You to love the undeserved

to have died for the unworthy
and to keep loving those who take Your love for granted
How do you measure love?
How do you put a unit to something unfathomable?
Something we can't fully comprehend?

And I wish you knew, my friend
Beyond all your reasoning and knowledge
There is a God your reason cannot measure to.
And as much as you hate to admit it,
This faith isn't blind.

You see, He rescued me.

It's not about tolerance.
Not about holding it in.
It's not even about accepting.

It's about forgiving
About being compassionate
It's about seeing you through His eyes.

It's not about me. Make me smaller.